This is my most loved recipe. I feel like this is such an easy dinner that I had to share just to show you all that you don’t have to be a Rachel Ray caliber chef to make good, hearty, and satisfying vegan meals! This meal is one I brought to my non vegan friend, and he went WILD. I loved it so much he said it was on his list of the best chili dogs he’s ever had, vegan or not! Now that’s the type of compliments I’m looking for people.
The Total Chili Cheese Dog Recipe
What You Need:
1/2 Pack Mushrooms
2 C Veggie Stock
1 T Minced Garlic
2 T Chili Powder
2 tsp Cumin
1 T Garlic Powder
1/2 T Onion Powder
Salt/Pepper to taste
Small Batch Cheese Sauce (Approx. 4-6 Servings)-
1 Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
1/2 Tub Tofutti’s Cream Cheese
1 T Nutritional Yeast
2 T Tapioca Starch
1 T Garlic Powder
1 T Onion Powder
Salt/Pepper/Chili Powder/Cumin to taste
Beyond Meat Sausages (or other vegan hot dogs)
GF Hot Dog Buns
Vegan Sour Cream (I’ve gotten mine from Rutabaga’s in Lincoln, or I buys Tofutti’s Sour Cream and either option is great- I <3 Tofutti’s)
Start with your chili, then avocado mash, then cheese sauce.
1) Cut your tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms and start sautéing in a large skillet with the tomato paste. Once they soften add the veggie stock.
2) Add minced garlic and spices and let simmer until you are ready to plate.
3) Start making the avocado mash by scooping out the avocados and adding pepper & garlic powder to taste. You can add whatever you like such as lime, cilantro, chili powder, etc.
4) Take your vegan sausages or hot dogs and start heating in a pan, rotating every once in awhile to evenly heat.
5) Once you have the sausage cooking, you can start to make the cheese sauce by combining the Tofutti’s cream cheese and the can of coconut milk in a sauce pot. Once evenly combined add in the spices and stir.
6) Once the sauce is fully mixed, start to add the tapioca starch little by little, bring to a boil, then turn the heat off as it starts to thicken. Check on the vegan sausages, they should be about ready.
Combine all together. Bun, Vegan Sausage, Chili, Cheese Sauce, Vegan Sour Cream, and Avocado Mash. And there ya go. The best and tastiest thing you might ever eat.